“Fogliatonda” comes from the desire to create great wines using only native Tuscan grapes that highlight the concept of ‘Puro Toscano’. Fogliatonda is produced with 100% Foglia Tonda grapes, a centuries-old Tuscan variety rediscovered and appreciated for its oenological potential. Podere Ema vinifies and refines part of the Foglia Tonda grapes in Terracotta Jars of Impruneta, to reaffirm and enhance the peculiarities of territory and tradition as a whole.
Taste: Fine, mineral and well structured
Colour: Ruby red
Aromas: Complex and elegant
Alcohol content: ~14%
Pairing: Versatile with all typical Tuscan dishes.
Podere Ema and its land are
IGT ROSSO TOSCANO
- Grape variety: Foglia Tonda, Sangiovese, Colorino
- Yield per plant: 1-1.5 kg
- Planting density: 5375 vines/h
- Sist. training: spurred cordon
- Harvest time: First ten days of October
- Type of harvest: Manual
- Average production: 50 – 60 quintals/ha
- Altitude: 250 m a.s.l.
- Exposure: East/south-east
- Vinification: 35 days in barrique
- Ageing: 10 months in barrique, 6/12 months in bottle