Rosso Ema is made from a Sangiovese base accompanied by indigenous vines in varying percentages depending on the vintage. An easy-drinking young wine, it is an excellent match for traditional Tuscan dishes.
Taste: Medium structured, soft with a delicately mineral finish
Colour: Ruby red of medium intensity
Aromas: Complex with predominance of red fruits and light spicy notes
Alcohol content: ~13.5%.
Food pairing: Medium structured first courses of traditional Tuscan cuisine.
Podere Ema and its land are
IGT ROSSO TOSCANO
- Grape variety: Sangiovese plus various indigenous varieties
- Yield per plant: 1-1.5 kg
- Planting density: 5375 vines/h
- Sist. training: spurred cordon
- Epoca vendemmia: Settembre/Ottobre
- Harvest time: September/October
- Average production:50-80 qli/ha
- Altitude: 250 m a.s.l.
- Exposure: East/south-east
- Vinification: 15 days in steel
- Ageing: 10 months in silos, 8 months in bottle