‘Nocchino’ comes from the desire to create great wines using only indigenous Tuscan grapes that enhance the concept of ‘Puro Toscano’. The blend includes Sangiovese, Foglia Tonda and Colorino in varying percentages depending on the vintage. A wine of intense ruby red colour, great structure, with a marked fruity note supplemented by spicy notes.
Taste: Excellent structure, warm with lively tannin and well integrated into the fruit
Colour: Intense ruby red
Aromas: Evidence of red fruits and dried fruits
Alcohol content: ~14%
Food pairing: Important dishes of Tuscan cuisine.
Podere Ema and its land are
IGT ROSSO TOSCANO
- Grape variety: Foglia Tonda, Sangiovese, Colorino
- Yield per plant: 1-1.5 kg
- Planting density: 5375 vines/h
- Sist. training: spurred cordon
- Epoca vendemmia: Settembre/Ottobre
- Harvest time: September/October
- Average production:50-80 qli/ha
- Altitude: 250 m a.s.l.
- Exposure: East/south-east
- Vinification: 35 days in barriques/silos
- Ageing: 10 months in oak casks, 6/12 months in bottles